Sorry that I got behind on posts. This past week all 3 of my little ones ended up getting a cold, so I figured it wasn’t the best time to try to do a blog post since they’ve all been needing me around the clock.
This week’s recipe is another family favorite! It’s also a crockpot recipe, which is an added plus! The combination may seem a little weird but trust me, this chicken is so good!
Honey Bourbon Chicken adapted from Once a Month Meals
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs or 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breast (this is what I usually use)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Put chicken, salt and pepper and onions in the slow cooker.
- Mix together honey, soy sauce, ketchup, oil and minced garlic. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Once it hits around 4 hour check the chicken to see if its done as some slow cookers cook this faster than others.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred.
- In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water and add to crockpot with chicken. Stir.
- Cook on high for 10-20 minutes
- Serve with rice and enjoy!