I cannot believe my oldest is in the middle of her 4th grade year! I’ve started researching what we will be using for 5th grade and can’t believe we’re getting so close to middle school!
She has been enjoying this years subjects and done really well with everything! The only rough spot that we have come across is in math with the teacher’s guides not having a lot of direction for the older graders. But everything is a tool that you can work with, so when we come to something that she isn’t quite understand I just find a video on youtube or Khan Academy to help. Out of all the math curriculums we’ve done Horizons continues to be our favorite. All my kids have really thrived with it, so I don’t have any interest in changing it. There is only one math program that I would consider trying in the future, but we will see! 😉
So if you are looking for a spot that shows everything for a 4th grade, we are going to jump into that today!
What’s in the box? 4th grade links:
- Language art: The Good and the Beautiful level 4
- Independent Bible: Draw to Learn Psalms
- Math: Horizons Math 4
- Handwriting: The Good and the Beautiful
- Typing: The Good and the Beautiful
- History: The Good and the Beautiful Year 3
- Science: The Good and the Beautiful (this year we’ve done Safety, Space, and Mammals so far :))
- Extras: schedule, white board/marker, pencil box, journal, folder to hold tracing papers in for language art